Cherries are popular, perhaps even more than cherries. Thanks to the sweetness of berries, children love it, although adults like it. The article will describe the variety bred in Russia in 1993. Cherry Revna got its name in honor of the river, which flows near the breeding institute, where it was bred. The article is devoted to its advantages and disadvantages, the method of planting and care.
Description variety Revna
The jealous grows up to 4 meters, has a pyramidal, average density krone. Pagons with a large deflection angle, grow very quickly. The leaves are a light green color, large and wide, petiole - short. It blooms annually and strongly, about 4 buds in a tassel.
Cherry blossoms from the second half of May
The fruits ripen for the most part on the bouquet sprigs. The berries are almost round, the weight of each is up to 5 grams of almost black, dark cherry color. The taste is sweet, juicy and tender flesh.
Cherry blossoms from the second half of May and only after 2.5 months you can get the fruit. But when grown in a warm region, the yield is reduced by about 1 month. Productivity from a tree of 30 kg. It is grown mainly in a temperate climate, although it is suitable for roasts.
What sort of advantages and disadvantages?Read also these articles.
- Perineum machine
- Variety of pears Skorospelka from Michurinsk
- Greenhouse film
- When to make manure
Revna has a lot of positive qualities, because of which she is very successful not only in Russia, where she was bred, but also abroad.
Warped berries almost never occur.
- Frost resistance. The variety was bred specifically for regions with cold winters, so the tree can grow in the difficult conditions of the Moscow region and the Southern Urals. In the distant, northern regions, it is better to plant it only with a quality insulation for the winter.
- Due to late flowering is not damaged by spring frosts. Kidneys can tolerate significant cooling.
- Deformed berries almost never occur. They all grow about the same size and shape.
- The taste of the variety is excellent. The sweet cherry of Revna variety is used mostly fresh, but is also suitable for heat treatment.
- Transportability is good, can be transported over long distances without significant damage due to the density of the peel and pulp.
- High yield allows, above all, to gain vitamin for the summer and earn extra money, if desired.
- The tree is resistant to sunburn, so it is grown even in hot climates.
Now it is necessary to go to the shortcomings, they are not a lot of Revny.
- The tree develops very slowly. Only in 5 years after planting it begins to bear fruit!
- Crop get closer to August or even in mid-August, depending on the place of cultivation. Late productivity is associated with some difficulties. So, over the summer, before the harvesting period, it can bear several attacks of diseases and pests, which can affect the berries.
- For pollination, the plant requires the presence of another sweet cherry on the site, otherwise there will be very few fruits (5% of the normal yield).
How to plant sweet cherries in open ground?
Revna's sweet cherry tree grows best on the southern side of the site, where there is an abundance of light and heat in summer. Soil type - loam or sandstone. Near the culture should grow its future pollinator. The best varieties for this are: "Raditsa", "Ovstuzhenka", "Iput", "Tyutchevka". The place should be open, not swamped, to the nearest trees at least three meters of free space is left on each side.
Planting cherry seedlings
Planting time - mid-spring, when the temperature begins to steadily remain at elevations above 0 degrees. A pit is dug under the tree (approximately 50x50x50 if the seedling is small). The top of the land is deposited and mixed with 3 buckets of compost or rotted manure. This is a fertile land in which the culture will sit. This mixture should be poured into the bottom of the pit. A tree is installed on the obtained hillock so that the neck is 5 cm above the ground.
A peg is driven in from the side of a sweet cherry to which a sapling is tied for the first time. He will allow to resist a tree even at a strong wind and will provide equal development of a trunk. Then the pit is filled up to half, plentifully watered and only then, to the top, is filled with earth. From above, you can slightly trample it so that it thickens.
How to care for Revvna cherries?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Apricot self-fruited varieties
- Spicy squash
- The best white grapes
- The best varieties of broccoli with description and photo
Basics of care are about the same as in the case of other sweet cherries, but with their own nuances.
Watering, feeding and warming for the winter of sweet cherry Revna
- Revna cherries love water, so they often water it 2-3 times a month. During the drought can and 4 times. Water is poured into a circle or dug grooves around it.
- Top dressing is made 3 times a year. The first time during flowering (8 g of urea per 10 liters of water), the second time when the ovaries appear (30 g of superphosphate, a glass of ash per 10 liters of water). The third feed made in September. Here you can use 40 g of potash mixtures per square meter, 30 grams of ash or 80 g of superphosphate to choose from. Once every 2 years, 25 kg of manure are applied to the near-barking circle when digging in the fall.
- When the first signs of disease appear, the tree is treated with any available means: folk remedies, biologics or chemistry. The sooner the problem is solved, the less chance it will affect the berries.
- Pruning is carried out in the spring from 2 years after planting. The tree grows quickly, although it begins to bear fruit late, so you need to form its crown in advance so that it does not grow much.
- For the winter, Revna's sweet cherry is whitened at the base of the trunk, a thick layer of peat is poured into the near-stem circle. Such a mulch will protect the roots from frost. All diseased branches need to be removed.