Melon Gulyabi - Uzbek version. There are four main subspecies of the Gulyabi variety. They are united by one common quality - excellent taste and aroma. In the markets and in the stores, Gulyabi is quickly bought up, buyers like this melon. Fruits are useful for both children and adults.
Description of melon varieties Gulyabi
There are four main varieties of Gulyabi melons. Each has its own technical features.
- Gulyabi green or Chardzhouskaya - late variety, usually grown in Uzbekistan. The fruits are smooth, almost without a mesh pattern. Weight up to 7 kg. The pulp is fibrous, high in sugar and juice. May lie until May!
Chardzhui melon or Gulyabi - the queen of melons
- Gulyabi-chok is an orange variety. Ripens in about 133 days. Fruits are egg-shaped, with a mesh. The rind is thick, but not thick. When you cut a ripe fruit can be seen that it does not exceed 3 mm. The flesh of this species is fragrant, sweet. The consistency is soft, delicate, closer to the core, oily. Refers to dessert types. When fully matured, the flesh crunches, has a pleasant smell of vanilla with honey.
- Boswaldi produces medium sized fruits. The peel is wrinkled, almost green, with dark stripes all over the skin. The flesh in such a melon is not much, it is fibrous, loose, oily closer to the core. It does not lie for a long time, so it is not profitable to transport it over long distances.
- Gulyabi-803 is grown in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan. Fruits are yellow, egg-shaped. The rind is thick, dense. The flesh is white, when biting crunches, has a high content of juice and sugar.
Positive traitsRead also these articles.
- Angular honey and its properties
- Guinea fowl breed
- How to store cabbage in the cellar in winter
- Giovanni grape variety
Melon Gulyabi are very popular. This variety is valued by buyers in different countries and gardeners. What are her positive qualities?
- Productivity is stable, if the right approach to growing. 10-14 kg of fruits are collected per square meter.
- Due to the density of the peel of the Gulyabi melon, it is easy to transport over long distances Fruits from Uzbekistan are imported annually to Russia, Ukraine and many other countries. Rarely transported only Boswaldi subspecies.
- The shelf life is 1-3 months depending on the place of cultivation, the state of the fetus. Green Gulyabi can generally be stored all winter and spring without losing its taste.
- With long-term storage, taste will only improve.
The disadvantages of the Gulyabi melon are related to its cultivation. In greenhouses, it does not grow as well as in a cool climate. For ripening the fruit requires an abundance of sunlight and heat.
What are the beneficial properties of Melon Gulyabi?
Melon Gulyabi has beneficial properties due to its rich composition. One melon contains up to 90% water, 17% sugar, 0.8% starch, 0.3% fiber, 0.1% acids, as well as aromatic oils, pectins, vitamins, minerals, proteins. In folk medicine, it is recommended to use it for anemia, heart problems, gastrointestinal tract, gout, kidney and liver diseases, and rheumatism.
Melon is often prescribed even in traditional medicine for disorders of the nervous system. It normalizes the state of the cerebral cortex, improves overall health, improves mood.
Recommended grade and in cosmetology. Due to the presence of silicon in the composition, melon can play a positive role in the restoration of hair, nails and skin. Since ancient times these fruits have been used to maintain youthful skin.
Are there any peculiarities in cultivation?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Description of potato diseases and their treatment
- Drinkers for chickens
- Growing watermelons in the open ground
- The better to feed the pear in the spring
Growing varieties Gulyabi quite time-consuming process. In greenhouses, it cannot grow due to the constant lack of sun. Artificial backlighting has a completely different effect on melons than the sun. They ripen, but the taste is not sweet enough, it can be bland. So growing is impossible in greenhouses.
In the open ground grows well, but only in the southern regions. In middle and northern countries it is almost impossible to grow Gulyabi - too little sun and too low temperatures in summer. If the average temperatures are not high enough, the plant will produce a lot of barren flowers and generally will not yield. If the melons have already appeared, lowering the temperature can completely destroy the entire crop. Fruits simply rot directly at the site or stop growth.
Frequent precipitations can also have a negative effect. The more moisture a melon absorbs, the worse her taste. For all these reasons, it is possible to grow Gulyabi melon only in southern countries, where it is hot in summer and there is no frequent, prolonged draft.
Vintage Melon Gulyabi
When to harvest?
The first fruits of the Gulyabi melon are given at the end of summer, but the sweetest ripen in autumn. They lie for quite a long time, but it depends on the subspecies.
Different dishes are prepared from ripe fruits: fresh desserts, salads, compotes, pastries, casseroles, smoothies, jellies, cocktails, etc. For the winter, you can make juice, compote or jam. It is not recommended to freeze this melon, because after defrosting it may lose its taste.