All breeders sooner or later have problems with laying hens, namely the fact that they reduce egg production, give bad eggs, or do not rush at all. Such difficulties do not at all contribute to the development of a home business. The breeder is at a loss, and further breeding seems inappropriate. Why the laying hens do not rush at home and how to solve this problem can be found in this article.
What to do if the chickens are no longer rushing?
Sometimes it happens that chickens consistently give eggs in large numbers, but literally in a couple of days the egg production decreases and then completely stops in one or several individuals. Why the hens of the hen are not rushing - a natural question for any breeder in a similar situation. But do not immediately take a cardinal decision on the replacement of livestock. Often the reason is not the birds themselves, but the maintenance, feeding, or even diseases that are easily transmitted to new birds (they may be contained in food, the chicken coop), because they are not always easily removed by simple disinfection. The best option is to understand the reason.
It is necessary to observe the chickens and pay attention to their content, quality of life, number of individuals and much more. Often the essence lies on the surface, but the breeder just does not notice it. The following are the reasons why chickens do not rush or drastically reduce egg production.
Laying hens at a poultry farm
What are the reasons why the laying hens do not rush?Read also these articles.
- Variety of pepper Ratunda
- Variety melon Gulyabi
- Bee packages and their types
- Leghorn Chickens
Knowing why the laying hens do not rush can correct the situation. But this requires a self-critical analysis. The sooner a problem is identified, the easier it is to solve it.
- Little place in the hen house. It is believed that no more than 5 chickens per square meter should fall. If there are more of them, then in the hen house there is simply overpopulation of individuals, and they need to be seated (get an extra bed) in order to become more spacious in the chicken house.
- There should be about 10 hens per rooster. If the amount is greater, then the egg production will quickly decline.
- The optimum temperature for chicken production is + 20 ... 25 degrees Celsius. It is permissible to reduce it by no more than 5 degrees. If the temperature is below +15 degrees, the egg production will begin to fall, and at +10 it may not be observed at all. Also, the temperature should not be above +25 degrees, it adversely affects the formation of eggs.
- In winter, daylight hours should be 14-16 hours a day. In summer, this time is natural in itself, as it gets dark late, but in autumn and winter, when the day is getting shorter, breeders should install additional lighting (lamps) for chickens in the hen house and turn them on every day for a few hours.
- The wrong diet always affects eggs first of all: the taste, size, color of the yolk, the consistency of the protein, the quality of the shell, its color, and the taste of the egg. If the food is bad, you can not even try to think about why the hens are not rushing, the answer is logical. In the diet should be: cereal mixture, salt, boiled potatoes, healthy greens, bran, chalk, cake, bone meal. It is also worth adding vitamins if the food is poor or of poor quality.
- For 5-6 layers, you need one place where they can lay eggs. It is important to ensure that there is always soft, clean hay.
- Stress always negatively affects the layers. Fright, relocation, abrupt changes in climate, new neighborhood (another breed of chickens, animal) reduce or completely stop egg productivity.
- Disease is another cause of the lack of eggs. In this case, an independent solution is not an option. In certain cases (types of disease), it is impossible to eat the meat of a dead bird, so it is worth calling the vet, find out what the problem is and then solve it.
Our readers recommend reading: how to increase egg production in chickens, than to feed chickens from the first days of life, when chickens begin to rush.
How to solve a problem?
After the breeder has determined why the hens are not rushing, you can begin to solve the problem.
- If it is a matter of diet, it is completely revised. It is necessary to introduce food with plenty of vitamin and minerals. But if new components are introduced into feeding, it is worth doing it gradually so that the bird's stomach has had time to get used to it. If there are no funds for expensive food, you can combine it with grain, which are prepared at home. That is, the part to give purchased, part home. This will reduce the cost of feeding, but will increase its quality.
- Stressful situations should be avoided. If necessary, the chicken coop is additionally isolated from outside noise, birds are set aside in a separate room, away from unwanted neighborhoods or the like. If you minimize the amount of stressful situations, the hen will start giving eggs again after 2-3 weeks or less.
- If the cause is a disease, it is treated or the bird is killed if treatment is not possible. It is necessary to ask the vet whether it will be possible to eat her meat.
- If it is a matter of temperature in the hen house, daylight, high humidity, overcrowding - the problem is solved by minor repairs in the room.
Poultry TipsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Apple variety Semerenko
- Bee family
- Palma Hamedoreya (Chamaedorea)
- Watermelon without stones - the best varieties with a description
To avoid problems with the egg production of chickens at home, you need to provide them with good maintenance.
- Before you panic and look for reasons why the hens are not rushing, you just need to check if the chickens have changed their place for laying. This happens very often. A new place can be very quiet, secluded, in some corner or behind nests.
- Some chickens stop rolling because they just want to become a hen. Such cases are not uncommon. It's easy to notice the problem - the layer just all the time tries to cobble on the eggs. In this case, it is necessary to satisfy her need - to allow her to hatch eggs. After this, egg production will recover.
- If the reason for the lack of eggs is molting, then you should not worry. This period lasts up to 2 weeks (8-10 days), and then productivity is restored. The reason for the occurrence of molting is the fact that in the fall the light day decreases. If it is artificially increased, then there will be no problems.
- It is recommended to keep a close eye on the age of the birds. The older they are, the less eggs they give. In large productions, chickens are changed annually, since it is in the first year that they have the highest productivity, although some breeds have the first two years.